23 April 2014

First Step Toward Eternity

Elder Robinson and Elder Fullmer
On September 22, 2012, I was given the beautiful opportunity to make my first covenant with my Heavenly Father. It was a wonderful day! I remember my whole family being there, my mother sobbing the entire time. I remember the missionaries who taught me, Elder Fullmer and Elder Robinson, being there. I don't remember all of the details. I couldn't tell you who spoke at my baptism, or what exactly was said. I couldn't even tell you the hymns that we sang; but I can tell you how I felt. True joy. Like nothing I have ever felt before. Which is quite interesting seeing as I've had a pretty great childhood. I was close to my family. In no way were we perfect, we did have our moments. I was a bit of a difficult teenager at times, but overall we were very happy people who loved each other. This was different, though. Going down into the water changed my entire life. The course I was on. It was the first step toward Eternity!

I am going to use this blog to tell my story. It won't always be from my point of view. It will be about where I came from, and the steps I took to get where I am today and where I am going into the future.

One thing I would like everyone to know, is that I know, without a doubt in my mind, that my Savior lives. I know that by following the commandments we can feel more joy then we can imagine, even in the tough times. There will be so many times in our lives when we can't explain why things are happening, or what exactly is going on, but if we have Faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, then we can get through ANYTHING. I know that Heavenly Father has a perfect plan for each one of us. We may not always know what it is, but as we endure, it will always work out. I promise you that.

Have faith, smile, and trust in your Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment