18 June 2014

#SearchtheBook

I remember the first time I read the Book of Mormon. It was truly like a different language to me. I had never read scriptures before in my life! I would try to read here and there, but I would never have an incredibly spiritual experience with it. Before I could go on a mission, my bishop back home told me that I had to read the Book of Mormon- cover to cover. It seemed like torture! I took t...he challenge, but read very slowly, maybe on chapter a day. One day I just decided to finish the Book of Mormon. I was in the middle of Alma, and I read from there to the end in one day. I'm so glad I did. I haven't gone a day without reading the Book of Mormon since then! I always open it and have an "Aha" moment! It took me a while to truly appreciate it, but now I can't get enough of it! I know that as we open the Book of Mormon and have the faith to read, even if it isn't making any since, that you will be blessed. Blessed with answered prayers. Blessed with hope and faith. Blessed with a stronger testimony.

4 comments:

  1. Do you think that the more you read it, the more sense it makes? Are most of the chapters hard to understand like The Bible? I have to admit, I've only read the scriptures that you have assigned to me :) I found it a bit of an easier read. Btw, I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading The Bible, as well as the Book of Mormon. I think the biggest difference between the two are that The Bible has been translated over and over again all throughout time. The Book of Mormon has only be translated once. Joseph Smith has the power and authority of God to translate the ancient records of though who lived in America from 600 B.C. to about 400 A.D. When I first read the Book of Mormon it was so confusing, like a different language, but as I continued to read, and to try to understand it through the help of others it made it better. I recently started reading The Bible, which could be hard to understand at times, but I know that the best thing to do is to read and discuss it with others. If you do this, with prayer, the spirit will help to make it easier to understand. I hope that answers your question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does answer my question. I am looking forward, in one year, to having my very own personal bible study partner! I'm preparing myself for it baby girl! I love you!

      Delete
  3. How cool that you read so much of it in one day. I love the scriptures!

    ReplyDelete