14 August 2014

Meekness NOT Weakness

I have started a new thing in my studies where between General Conference's I read every talk given from the previous conference. (General Conference is a time every 6 months where the leadership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint's talk to the world.) I am currently in the last talks this week, which are from the General Women's Meeting. I love how it in every talk they talk about how we, as women, truly need one another. No matter how old or what phase of life you're in, we need each other for support and strength. As we come together, we hold so much power. We have been given different gifts and talents. How do you use your gifts?


We are all on the path back to our Eternal Father, whether we're 8 or 80. That is why we're here! I'm so grateful for the opportunity to make covenants, or promises with God. I know that if we stay true to these covenant's that I will live with my Father in Heaven again and continually progress.

The beautiful Sister Bruck. :)
I love this quote from Bonnie L. Oscarson, the General Young Women's president. "Sisters, there is no other group of women in the world who have access to greater blessings than we do as Latter-Day Saint women." The reason Latter-Day Saint women have this access is due to those covenants we make. Anyone can get there. I would love to see a perfect world where all my friends and family have made the decision to truly follow the Savior and make that great, eternal change.

The other day I was reading in the Doctrine and Covenants chapter 25. It is direct revelation from the prophet to his dear wife, Emma Smith. It lists exactly what we need to do to be an "elect lady." Be faithful, virtuous, be of great comfort, continually keep the commandments, murmur not and be in the spirit of meekness. Originally, when I thought of meekness, I thought of someone who is shy. As I studied what it means to be meek I found it to mean courteous, kind, gentle and loving. I think of all the women in my life who I strive to be like and they hold all of these attributes. This is our job as women!

I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! It brings me so much joy and happiness. I know the covenants I have made to be very true and real. I know that without these covenants, I would not be able to live with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for all eternity. One day, I will teach these things to my children, for now I will teach it for all those in my path within the Florida Jacksonville Mission!





1 comment: