25 July 2014

Have the Faith of a Pioneer

When I think of the pioneers I think of these wonderful people who are strong. They have so much faith. They left their homes and families to follow a prophet, whom in many cases they had never met. Why would they do this?
I know when I was invited to be baptized, it was such a strong feeling. I couldn't deny that. I knew, instantly, that it was good. That was without reading the Book of Mormon, at that time. Of course I've read that Book of Mormon multiple times since. I have never felt that spirit stronger than when I received that invitation. I'm sure it was much like that when these pioneers were invited to come to help build up Zion.
In the world we live in today, we need the faith these strong pioneers had. These people dropped their entire life, knowing they may never come back, they might not see their family again, because they had faith and hope in the gospel.
I often think of how I can build may faith to be like theirs. I know that as I share the gospel with others, my faith grows. I see the joy in peoples faces as I share what I have recently come to know is true.
If you are reading this and you're not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I hope that you take a chance to read the Book of Mormon, and sincerely pray about it. It takes so much faith. Faith to know that Heavenly Father will answer your prayers.
If you are a member of the church, share this wonderful gospel with everyone you know! It will bless their life as well as yours. Share it with everyone! You will be surprised to see who is ready to hear about the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment