18 July 2014

How converted are you?

Today I have officially been a missionary for 7 months. One of the biggest things I have learned in this time is that everyone has a conversion story. There has been multiple times when I have seen people just assume that all members from Utah are the same. Perfect family. Solid testimony. Near perfect life. While that would be wonderful (and if that was fully true I'd be on my way to Utah right when I get home) that is not always the case. In fact. That just isn't the case. We have all had a test of our faith. If you haven't, you will. Maybe you haven't noticed.
My bishop from home once sent out an email and it started off saying, "If we are not ALL recent converts, the gospel -- the good new of salvation - of redemption and resurrection, of eternal life and exaltation -- is not really working for us.. HOWEVER, if we are asking, seeking, and knocking, we are ever being more and more and more converted to the fullness! We are accepting the invitation to come unto Christ and be perfected in Him -- and because He is mighty to save, we are becoming, through His atoning power, more like Him... just as we always planned from the beginning..."

I always want to be a recent convert! I always want to strengthen not only my testimony, but more importantly my conversion. You can have a testimony without being converted, but what is the use of that? I know this gospel brings joy. I know it answers questions and more importantly and gives hope. I pray that everyone will accept this precious gospel. Two years ago from today I was a totally different person. The change I have gone through is only because of the atonement of my Savior, Jesus Christ. If we're not moving forwards, we're moving backwards. I pray that we are all making that progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment