14 October 2014

Strength in the World

This morning my sweet companion, Sister Trapier, was sharing with me what she learned during her personal studies. She was reading in the Book of Mormon, Alma, Chapters 61-62. These are just a few things that she marked that can strengthen us in the crazy world in which we live in today.

Alma 61:3 Do not rebel
Alma 61:4 Do not follow the wrong voice.
Alma 61:9 Resist wickedness.
Alma 61:13 Put all your trust in God.
Alma 61:14 Resist evil, come to church and love God.
Alma 61:17 Gather your family and loved ones together.
Alma 61:17 The Lord will strengthen you according to your faith.
Alma 61:21 Tell others to not fear, comfort them.
Alma 62:1 Have courage and joy. Have faith. Don't be a traitor.
Alma 62:2 Listen and follow God. Do not rebel.
Alma 62:3 Have, make and keep great standards.
Alma 62:10 Don't deny or lie.
Alma 62:37 Fight valiantly for what is right. Be a true friend.
Alma 62:44 Share the Gospel! (Missionary Work!)
Alma 62:49 Remember the Savior always and be humble.

These tools are things written down by prophets of old, and it is for each and everyone of us! It show's Christ's hand in our lives! I know that as we try our best to do these things, the world won't seem so bad. We can create our own personal Zion within our homes. We can grow closer to God our Father and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ! Our families WILL be closer! Many of these things my mother taught me growing up, and as I followed them I was happier. Now with more knowledge I am blessed with even greater joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment